We want to share the school's vision and values with you, please read the information below:
GALLIARD PRIMARY SCHOOL - VISION, VALUES AND AIMS
Our vision is to ensure that pupils become successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve; confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives; responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
Our core values are those of Respect, Responsibility, Justice, Courage, Compassion and Integrity. Our ‘Code of Conduct’ is based on three principles, Be Kind, Be Safe and Be Responsible.
- To form supportive partnerships between pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors, other agencies and the local and wider community to enable the positive development of each learner’s academic and social skills and to prepare them well for each stage of their learning and development at Galliard and their life beyond.
- To create a secure, stimulating and industrious environment which fosters the development of all learners, so that they are appropriately challenged, make good or better progress and achieve their full potential.
- To provide a curriculum which takes into account the differing needs, interests and levels of development and attainment of our learners and ensures that the teaching of knowledge, skills and understanding is well planned, broad, balanced, relevant, creative and values-led.
- To foster a spirit of independence, intellectual enquiry and mastery of skills and understanding in all learners.
- To promote positive attitudes in our school community with an emphasis on respect for oneself and others (their beliefs, culture, home background and property), self-discipline, resilience, cooperation and courtesy, enabling pupils to become good citizens in their own community and in a national and global context.
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all within an inclusive environment.