- Share a book with your child each day.
- Talk about the pictures in the story.
- Talk about the characters in the story.
- Ask your child simple questions about the story.
- Listen to and join in with the following rhymes.
- Watch and enjoy the following story with your child. Encourage your child join in with the phrase ‘Run, run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man!”
- Play and talk with your child as much as possible. Comment on their actions as they play and try to extend their language. Encourage and praise them as they play.