Attendance Information & Illness
As parents/carers it is your legal responsibility to ensure that your child comes to school regularly.
Impact on your child’s learning:
Your child is expected to attend school for 190 days each year.
There are 175 non-school days each year. This means you have 175 days to spend on family time, visits, holidays, shopping, household jobs and other appointments
Attending school every day helps your child:
- To take part in all lessons, access all learning and reach their full potential
- To be involved in every aspect of school life
- To have a structured routine
- To make friends and develop social skills
- To feel part of the school community
- To value and understand the importance of education
- To have greater success throughout Secondary school
Coming to school on time everyday helps your child:
- To be ready for learning and not miss any learning opportunities
- To settle into the day
- To get into good habits further down their school career and work in the future
When your child is unwell
If your child is unwell and unable to attend school, we ask that you call the school office on 0208 804 1818 by 8.30am to let us know of the absence. Alternatively you can email Ms Ahmet on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require your child’s name, class and reason.
Requests for Absence
HOLIDAYS – as a school we are NOT permitted to authorise any holidays taken outside of the term dates. The termly dates can be found on our website, newsletters or via the school office. These are published at the end and start of each school year. Any absence taken for this, will be coded as UNAUTHORISED.
If you require leave from school, for whatever reason, you must obtain a ‘Request form’ from the school office. It is always appreciated if requests are made prior to any arrangements being made.