Home Page
Take a look at our latest Newsletter Issue 34!

Terrific Twos and 3 & 4 year olds

Terrific Twos

Up to 15 hours of Funded Early Education and Childcare for eligible 2 year olds

To find out more and apply please go to:


to 81025

Your 2-year-old can get up to 15 hours of Funded Education and Childcare if you get one of the following benefits:

• Income Support

• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

• income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

• Universal Credit – if you and your partner have a combined income from work of less than £15,400 a year after tax

• tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax

• the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

• support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act

• the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

A child may also be eligible if the following apply:

• they’re looked after by a local council

• they have a current statement of Special Education Needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan

• they get Disability Living Allowance

• they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order

For more information about the Terrific Twos please visit or call 0800 694 1066


Up to 30 hours of Funded Early Education and Childcare for 3 & 4 year olds


Up to 15 hours of Funded Early Education and Childcare is available for all working and non-working families in England. All you have to do is speak to your provider to see if they have availability.


Working parents can receive an additional 15 hours (30 Hours) if they meet the following criteria:

• You, and your partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £125 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage). If you are self-employed or on a zero hours contract you may still be eligible.

• If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you’re unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.

• You can’t get 30 hours free childcare if either you, or your partner, each individually expect to earn £100,000 or more.


When do I apply?


If your child turns 3 between

Apply Before

Eligible From

1st January – 31st March

31st March

1st April

1st April – 31st August

31st August

1st September

1st September – 31st December

31st December

1st January


It is important that you apply the term that your child turns 3 to ensure that you are eligible for the following term.)

How do I apply?

Please visit to apply for the additional 15 hours (30 hours).

Need help applying? Call the HMRC childcare helpline on 0300 123 4097.

Once you have applied and received your code please speak to your registered childcare provider.

Or to find out more visit: